Graco Infant Car Seat Cover (Snugride) Re-do

While I should be preparing for my amazing husband's birthday today, or the arrival of his parents tomorrow that I am in no way ready for, I'm in the midst of a pretty bad sewing binge. I even was awake PAST midnight last night sewing.

I started this project a few weeks ago after seeing an amazing car seat cover over at MADE. Unfortunately I purchased a pattern and the pattern wasn't very accurate. It seemed to big and pouffy, and I could just imagine fighting with the car seat cover every time I moved the handle. Ugh.

I wanted a car seat cover that looked SOMEWHAT similar to the original. I'd already spent a fair amount of money on fabric and bias tape, and yes, maybe the OCD kicked in a little...I'd already made the entire thing to the pattern specifications, just didn't cut the holes for the strap openings (thank goodness!) so I spent the better part of last night disassembling the first cover I made. My husband thought I should just trash it and start over, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! {My mother in law can attest for my hatred of tearing out stitches! Plus I hate to waste perfectly good fabric!}

But I did it. I ripped and ripped, and I basically started from scratch when all is said & done. I don't think there is one part of this pattern that is the same. It's not done. Yes I know, but it's on it's way. Unfortunately I think the hardest part is going to be getting what I have to fit into the curves of the car seat. Then I'll cover the edges with bias tape. (We'll see how it goes!)

This is where I'm at now:

I did come downstairs and was appalled by my own carelessness at midnight, not one but TWO rotary cutters sitting in my son's play area {which now also doubles as my craft area.}Luckily he was more interested in his toys.

Aside from the disaster in the "play area/craft room" this is what I'm looking at this morning. Definitely the sign of a craft binge. Ugh. I need to clean this up.

 This is what I anticipate will be the most challenging part of the project {fitting the main cover panels around the edges of the actual car seat.}

I was able to successfully make some cute strap covers. I couldn't go to bed until I had at least ONE part of the project finished!

So this is what I'm looking at today. Hopefully I can clean and prepare and bake a cake and sneak in some extra sewing time. {fingers crossed!}
Facebook Comments Plugin Bloggerized by BloggerTricks.Biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me messages. I love hearing from YOU!

Blogging tips