Over the weekend I'd seen a post over at MADE that peeked my interest, from that post I went to another post, and ended up coming across a series of car seat covers (AMAZING car seat covers) that I just had to attempt to make one myself. She linked back to THIS for a pattern to purchase. I will say, I usually balk at spending money on patterns, especially when I always think I can figure it out myself. But, I went with it and purchased the pattern (which lead to the discovery that my printer was broken-that's another story!) My husband was even kind enough to babysit so I could buy some fabric. And yesterday my son was so cooperative thanks to his babysitter Sprout (I'm ashamed to admit) that I was able to cut out the pattern and the fabric and wa-la I now have an amazing car seat cover.
After a serious struggle to decide which fabric to use, I went with a black solid and white/yellow contrasting fabric. I'm happy with the end result.
The bummer is I don't have a car seat...my nephew is currently still using ours, so I'll be sure to take pictures and share the final product with you once we have it again...it will be before our baby comes in May (yikes!) It's really cute, so I can't wait to share!