And silhouettes, I just love them. So simple & basic. Beautiful. I've seen a variety of ideas of silhouettes that I have just loved. So I figured why not combine some burlap with a silhouette....I think it looks pretty darn cute. Now I just need to get a frame for these and decided where to hang them.
How to make a silhouette for yourself:
- I created these by taking a photo (probably the hardest part!) and then using any old photo editing program, I used Picasa, adjust the contrast so you can easily see the outline you want. Then, print your image to the preferred size. I printed mine in black & white, 5 by 7" but you can figure out what size you'd like to use.
- Use a black marker and trace the outline so you can see it easily.
- Use a light box or bright window to trace outline again onto freezer paper (the dull size).
- Cut out the inside portion (the face) throw away the innards unless there are details that you'd like to include.
- Iron the freezer paper onto your fabric. I used tan burlap that I had precut to be a little larger than 5x7.
- Use spray paint (in the color of your choice) I would imagine paint would/could work too.
- Let spray paint dry a few minutes....and remove freezer paper. Ta-Da! A perfect & adorable silhouette.